Requests from Fushimi Inari Taisha
The grounds of the Fushimi Inari Taisha are a sacred area that has been a space for worship for more than a millennium, ever since the shrine was founded in AD 711.
To maintain the dignity and respect of this holy site, the following acts are prohibited.(January 1, 2022)
- Smoking or fires
- Entering restricted areas without permission (including the Main Hall (Honden), the other buildings (Shaden), beyond the fences (Tamagaki), etc.)
- Flying drones or other aircraft
- Damaging or defacing buildings (Shaden) or torii gateways
- Putting anything on top of lanterns (Toro) or other installations
- Leaving strollers unattended other than in marked areas
- Shouting, sitting on the ground, or other actions that cause issues for worshippers
- Eating or drinking other than in marked areas (free restareas), including eating while walking or standing
- Discarding rubbish, bottles, cans, etc.
- Parking in shrine parking lots (including Parking Lots 1 and 4, and others) if you are not here to visit the shrine
- Approaching or feeding wild birds and animals
- Bringing pets for walks or visits (excluding guide dogs and other necessary animals)
- Photography for commercial purposes or in prohibited areas
- Walking around the grounds in wedding dresses or other costumes that are inappropriate for worship
- Reporting or handing out questionnaires without permission
- Preventing worshippers from passing by taking photographs/filming on narrow paths
- Other behavior deemed inappropriate by Fushimi Inari Taisha
Anyone caught performing the actions above will be asked to refrain, or to leave if they do not comply.
These requests are so that all visitors to Fushimi Inari Taisha can enjoy their time here in peace.
We ask for your understanding and cooperation.
Shrine Office, Fushimi Inari Taisha